Is there a certain song, place, smell or something that triggers your memory of someone or an event?
For me, one song reminds me of my Aunt Charlotte, because I saw her singing and dancing along with it while we were visiting her house when I was young. Another song reminds me of someone else.
A smell reminds me of someone I knew in high school.
I am reminded of my best friend, Jane, who passed away almost 3 years ago, not only by the song "Jane", but by all the many things I have in my house that were gifts from her.
It makes me wonder what, if anything, will bring back memories of me to others? I want to live my life so that any memories will be good ones.
My mother was a good example of the kind of person I hope others see in me.
She displayed the fruits of the Spirit and was a strong prayer warrior.
What kind of person will you be remembered as?
Matthew 5:16
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
Galations 5:22,23
But the fruits of the Spirit are love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
These are the things I want to be remembered for.
No comments:
Post a Comment