Saturday, February 7, 2015

Answered prayers

On Feb 3, William wanted me to get up really early and ride to Shawnee with him so he could put in an application.  I really didn't want to get up early to go anywhere.  But, went anyway.  On the way there I saw a sign at the end of the street that said "Round House - Now Hiring". While William was inside filling out an application I looked up Round House to see what they did there.  I was suprized it was a clothing manufacturer.  When William got back in the truck I told him I wanted to stop and put in an application.  I wasn't feeling real enthusiastic about the possibility of working there, but figured I would apply anyway.  It's something I am familiar with.  I filled out the application and had to do a "peg test".  It was a plastic grid with 4 sections with holes for 25 pegs in each section. Each section called for different color pegs.  It took me 3.6 minutes to fill the board.  I kind of thought it would be like everywhere else I applied.....wouldn't hear a thing.
Wow! I was suprised but very happy I was called for an interview the next day!
Went to the interview at 1:00 pm, did a "needle test", and was told that even if they are interested, it may be a while before they call because they have a limited number of trainers.
At 5:45pm the same day they called and said they wanted me to come to work and could I start the next day.  God answers prayers.  Read part 2 for behind the scenes of this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment