Sunday, February 1, 2015

Theives

A good friend of the family had passed away.  My first husband and I were working a firework stand while my parents went to the funeral home for visitation.  Not very long after my parents left, two black guys with stockings over their heads came in and pointed a gun at us demanding all the money in the box and our personal money.  I didn't have any money on me.  They wanted his wallet.  He managed to fold up a twenty dollar bill that was in his wallet and hide it with his thumb as he opened his wallet to show them he had no money.  He told them his drivers license and pictures would be of any value to them.  They agreed to let him keep it.  They didn't get very much from the cash box either.
My dad knew there were some suspicious characters hanging around.  Before he left, he took several hundred dollars out of the box and hid it in the bottom of the trash barrel.  He didn't tell us about it.  He only told us that there should be enough money in the box to make change.
Looking back, I'm sure he was praying for our safety.  The whole incident only lasted a couple minutes, but seemed like a long time.

I was impressed how cool, calm and collected Billy was, even with them pointing a gun at us.  He also had me standing behind him.  Should have realized then that he loved me.

This is just one of many situations in my life that I believe 100% that God was watching over me and keeping me safe, in spite of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment