The second time I was attacked by theives was totally different. I felt mostly fear the first time. This time I felt very sad. My storage unit was broken into. Most of what they stole I would have given to them if I'd known they needed it. Chest of drawers and stereo. But they also stole things that had been passed down for two generations. Those things cannot be replaced. I felt angry that they thought it was ok to demand I provide for them by taking my things. I also felt sad that I lost family heirlooms. And I felt guilty, thinking I should have locked it better, should have had that stuff at home, should have..... Truth is with us being gone more than home, there was probably as much risk that someone would break in our house. The storage has night alarms, so they had to have done it in the day time. They went through every box. They were there for a while. I still felt scared to go there by myself. I still haven't been able to go look through to see exactly what all was stolen. We were in a wreck a couple months later and I just haven't been up to going to get anything from there to look through. It's hard when I dont have help or support. Which is a blog all its own.
When the spring gets here I hope to be able to go get all my things organized. I'm also planning to keep what's important and let the rest go. I have alot of quilting fabric.
I am still working on letting go of resentments as to why almost all of my belongings are there in the first place. And frustration that I'm not physically able to do what I need to do. Opposition doesn't help either. I feel sad and angry about that at times. I will eventually get everything organized. I am working on being grateful for what I have. I'm also looking forward to having a separate job from my husband. Hoping I will have some time at home alone.
No comments:
Post a Comment