I was hurt, angry and couldn't understand why at the last minute Miller decided not to hire us back. But after praying about it, I believe it's because God has other plans for me. I can't participate if I'm always gone on the road when events are happening at home. After the car wreck I had complete peace about going back to driving. This time I never felt any peace about it.
Last night I was questioning whether I understood right or not. Maybe it was just my fear because of the wreck that kept me from feeling peaceful about driving over the road again. This morning I didn't know what to read in my Bible so I asked God to show me. I closed my eyes and opened it at random. I opened to Jonah chapter 1. The message I got from that was to be obedient. Life will be less stormy that way. The next random passages I turned to was Matthew 6:31-34. Don't worry about how we are going to pay bills and buy food. When God is first in all things and we are seeking a closer walk with Him, He will take care of us. He will do that because He loves us and He wants our focus on Him.
The message I get is that I need to be obedient, trust Him to provide and put Him first in my life. And be home to participate in outreach events.
It will be evident what's important by the order of our priorities. I've found that I'm much calmer throughout the day when I pray first thing when my eyes open. I sleep better at night when prayer is the last thing before I fall asleep. And of course I talk to God all throughout the day. Thankful for things I have, help with struggles. It makes a difference.
I'm taking one day at a time, and today I have everything I need.
No comments:
Post a Comment