Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Language of Love

What makes you feel loved?  Each person has their own ideas of how to show love and what makes them feel loved.
Hearts can be broken if two people speak different love languages.  In my first marriage, my husband showed me he loved me by providing food, clothing, shelter and transportarion for us.  That didn't say love to me.  I needed the emotional part that he didn't know how to give.  He was and still is a good man.  And an excellent father.
In my second marriage, I had the sexual part, but his addictions kept him from being a good provider.  And his addictions caused other problems too.  It was not always a safe environment.
In my third marriage, the tables have turned, and some things just don't have the importance to me they once did.  For various reasons I still don't have the emotional relationship I would like to have.
As my relationship with God grows my expectations from my spouse changes.
I have learned alot from "Unveiled Wife".  I sometimes think if I had that resource 30 years ago..... but then I'm not sure if I was ready to learn then.

No comments:

Post a Comment