Most people I have seen at intersections or parking lots asking for help have a dog. Until recently I could NOT understand why they would have a pet if they couldn't take care of themselves, much less take care of a pet.
Until recently I haven't ever been attached to a pet either. There have been pets around my house all my life, and I made sure they got fed, had water and petted them some. Most of their attention came from other household / family members.
Three months ago we got a Catahoula and named her Ms Patches Barkley. She has got into my heart. She is smart and has learned several commands. She is right by our side if one of us is feeling bad physically or emotionally. She also does some pretty funny things that makes us laugh. Animal hair all over doesn't bother me like it used to. She has definately changed my life and I understand 100% what a comfort pet is about.
No comments:
Post a Comment