Saturday, January 17, 2015

Forgiving myself and others

I have made some choices that at the time seemed right.  However, later proved to be a source of embarrassment, shame, humiliation and sincere regret.  Many people can relate to that.
It has always seemed easier to forgive others for things that hurt me than to forgive myself.  That sick feeling in the center of my being has seemed relentless each time the memory comes out of nowhere, and the feelings of guilt and shame are hard to put aside.
Forgiving ourselves is important for our well being.  Just as unforgiveness towards others will decay our soul, so will unforgiveness toward ourselves.
I am not offering an excuse for my bad choices, but I did the best I could with what I knew at the time.  I have learned alot from my mistakes, and it took all the mistakes along with the things I did right to make me who I am today.
Gods love is unconditional.  I am setting my sights on giving unconditional love to myself as well as others.  Forgiving myself and others as Jesus died for our forgiveness.  I will no longer allow my mistakes to try to define in my mind who I am.  I  AM the righteousness of God and nothing can separate me from His love.

Matthew 6:14-15
14. For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your father will not forgive your sins.

No comments:

Post a Comment