I believe the first place we should turn with our problems is God's Word and prayer. But it wasn't always that way for me. When I first started going to Al-anon meetings, nothing made sense. First I came, then I came to, then I came to believe God could restore me to sanity. That was a process. I had to get some recovery to understand recovery. Only someone who has walked in a similar situation will understand that. A restoration to sanity does come with time and effort. I didn't get to the messed up place my life was in over a few days, it was about 32 years. The road back will be long also. Until you get to the place in a relationship with God that He is your first place to turn, there are folks in Al-anon that have been there....they understand. Once you find your way, don't forget to share what you have learned with others to help them find their way. In al-anon, you won't find someone to tell you what to do. What you will find is compassion and understanding and stories of what worked or didn't work for them. I would also encourage you to attend a local church of your choice.
There is hope, with God all things are possible.
1 Thessalonians 5:11
Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing.
No comments:
Post a Comment