Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Be Prepared For Anything

I truly believe that I would not be here if God had not answered my mothers prayers for me.  Living with someone who comes home under the influence of who knows what, with no idea what behavior will be displayed is scary.  I can't count how many times I had to leave for my safety.  One fortunate thing for me, if he called (most of the time he did) told me who he was and if he could come home with a sound of sarcasm in his voice, that was my warning I needed to leave before he got home.
Living in an unstable / uncertain environment makes having a stash of money with easy access (that only you know about) a necessity of life.  Car keys handy and a change of clothes along with personal hygiene items in the trunk.  It's called taking care of yourself.
Some would say "just leave and don't go back".  Sometimes it's not that easy.  Sometimes there is more peace of mind, even if only a few hours, because he / she is passed out.  There's not that fear of what will happen when they show up.
I've heard it called "mad money", but I would call it safety / escape money.  If you don't need it, just keep putting money back.  Eventually you will have enough to leave if you choose and be able to break those chains that hold you down.
My other lifeline was al-anon.  I learned alot about God and spirituality.  I also learned that I could ask God and He would help me even tho I made alot of wrong choices.

Psalm 121:7
The Lord will keep you from all harm, He will watch over your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment