Saturday, January 24, 2015

We Need Each Other!

I've been a truck driver for the past 9 years.  It has been my routine to say my prayers every night.  A few times it worked out that I was at a truck stop on Sunday morning that had a truckers chapel and church service.  Sometimes I couldn't wait and leave that late.  So, I listened to sermons online and read the Bible and a few books.  That was better than nothing, but still lonely and isolated.
Since I have been home and able to attend church regularly, it has been a wonderful experience.  For the first time in 10 years I not only have friends in town I see on a regular basis, I have friends to pray for me and with me.
If you don't have a church that you attend regularly, I encourage you to find one. If you aren't sure which one to attend, pray about it and visit different ones.  The Holy Spirit will lead you to the one for you.

Hebrews 10:25
Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment